Saturday, October 15, 2005

Newark Airport

In a word, NEWARK AIRPORT IS HELL!!!!! Ok, four words.

I live 45 minutes from the airport, so it is convenient. Of course, I could have driven to LA yesterday and gotten here sooner!

Continental pretty much runs the show in Newark, and they run it right into the ground! No one has a clue, customer service is as foreign to the airline as much as intelligence and compassion are foreign to George Bush.

After a 2 1/2 hour flight delay because of varying stories - weather, air traffic control, the rise and fall of the Roman Empire - we took off. I made it into LA at 1 AM Pacific Time. By the time I got to sleep, I had been up for 25 hours, but here I am now, the next morning, and I feel rested and am enjoying the sunny skies.

Still, a word to the wise - DON"T FLY OUT OF NEWARK OR ON CONTINENTAL. This is my third experience from hell in a row. Next time, maybe Philly.

No comments: