Sunday, May 15, 2011

Poem: Loves Ones

Loved Ones

The quiet moments are fraught with complexity
Your absence is painful reckoning
Reminiscences of countless memento images
Better times
Someday, smiles will recall infinite joys
Now there is empty need for just one more shared day
Sense awareness of you lingering within my soul
I can’t lose that … I won’t
For you brightened my life a million times … a million ways
I will keep a lock box safely in my heart
Visiting you there
Never forgetting; always loving
Always

Copyright SGW 2011

3 comments:

Paul said...

Sweet, Scott. Grateful of your remembrance of Joel. Love, Paul

-rachelleeashlee. said...

This made me think of how I feel about my mom. Absolutely beautiful. <3

STP said...

Thank you and I am glad it was able to touch you deeply. That matters to me as a writer.