Sunday, August 10, 2008

Poem: Designer Dogs And Their Looney People

Designer Dogs And Their Looney People

In the morning there’s a process that sure begins each day
With makeup and the jewelry, all part of a display
Comes pouncing up in greeting, and barking? No a yip
A little, four-legged dynamo bouncing to the hip

So off they go; a duo, the princess and her pride
A socialite or pseudo-star and doggie dignified
She dresses him in silly clothes to make some fashion mark
The pooch is more accessory and less about the bark

And pray forbid she lets him walk, no never, not a chance
Carries him from place to place; it’s all part of her “dance”
She’ll bring him into restaurants and must have him around
Whatever scene is happening, where she is, he is found

That’s all to tell, I’ll say no more on folks I find confusing
Britney, Paris or local brands, they all are unamusing



Copyright SGW 2008

6 comments:

Angelica Chua said...

oh this poem is great, it made me laugh. It's really silly how dogs become more like a live doll than an actual pet.

SandyCarlson said...

What a wonderful, satirical piece! Scott, you made me smile on a morning I most definitely need to do that. Thanks.

(I will admit that my dog, may he rest in peace, was no designer dog, but he liked me to carry him out on rainy days to his favorite spot under a tree. Hard to believe he was a Lab!)

STP said...

I am glad I could cheer you up this morning, Sandy ... especially since you are strong enough to carry a Lab outside to the spot under the tree - definitely don't want to get on your bad side!!

paisley said...

very catchy,, and i cant say i do not agree!!

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for stopping by, Scott.

STP said...

Thank you for stopping by, Sandy, to thank me for stopping by. Always nice to see your smiling face in my comments.