Thursday, November 11, 2004

Vienna Teng

I first heard Vienna Teng singing a Taiwanese lullaby on NPR last winter. I loved her voice so I kept listening. The rest of the songs were in English, so I discovered that liked what her message, too.

Vienna is a San Francisco based singer/songwriter who has a soft and gentle voice that soothes and makes one feel at peace with the world. The Stanford grad (with an Engineering degree) is brings a warm stage persona to her craft, as I discovered when I first saw her in Philly in April.

Today I am checking her out in NYC. If you are in the area and free, I suggest you do so to, at Joe's Pub. Her shows are at 6:30 and 9:30. If you can't make one of these performances, go to her website (she has 2 CDs, too) via my link list and find a gig near you. Vienna Teng is worth finding.

No comments: