Monday, September 1, 2008

Poem: Fill In The Blank

Fill In The Blank

Come to me angel though I know not your name
Speak in your whispers yet love me the same
Wrap me in comfort that tears can absolve
See in my struggles a new path to evolve
Lie down beside me in repetitive breath
Bask in the touch of my gentle caress
Share in a laughter as our loving refrain
The joy of two people, all I’d ask to obtain
Come to me angel with your spirit and soul
The sum of two parts is much greater than whole

Copyright SGW 2008

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Scott, that's gorgeous.

(Where are those angels, anyway?)

paisley said...

how beautiful... now if only such love were something tangible....

STP said...

Ah, but I believe it is. I have been a part of that kind of love twice. I just need a participating partner with the fortitude to stand the test of time. I still feel she exists.