Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Poem: Stirred

Stirred

Your curiosity and innocence dug too deep
Stirring the pot of memories
To worlds your faery-taled life can’t know
I place no blame

My cancer story pained you
But it is mine
And what I recalled was lost friends
Which led to lost loves
D
J

Then trials and tribulations beyond what I could ever expect of your comprehension
Abuses so dark
Scars too deep
Self-inflicted wounds

You cannot know
‘Fore you’ve never known
So this hornet’s nest is mine today
And I sit with all these stings

Copyright SGW 2009

3 comments:

Donielle Smith said...

Hi, this was an amazing piece, I enjoyed reading it. Keep the words of artistry flowing from your heart. I hope that you will have an opportunity to visit mine as well. Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks.

writer&poet
Donielle S.

STP said...

Thank you and I shall.

Mara Wolman said...

Wow. That was very powerful.