Saturday, September 13, 2008

Poem: Cleanse

Cleanse

You move me in your silence
Speak in voices of time
As winds have blown hard
Life goes on forever changing and unchanged

The love of your touch stands as testament
A harmony both firm and giving
Soft and warm, yet hard and cold

You reflect all that we are and never can be
For the enduring memories held, are forgotten

I wash my feet clean
Soothing in the oneness to stand apart
Divorced of pain from hurts and tears
I cry in joyful bliss of a life

Copyright SGW 2008

4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Whoa, Scott. That's powerful. A painful homage.

Where, by the way, has time gone? Seems like we were just in the middle of a great conversation and then work interfered. Such a bummer.

I hope you are well, friend. God bless.

paisley said...

i like the way you keep tossing me between the ends of the spectrum ... changing and unchanged, memories held, and then forgotten,, crying one moment,, blissful the next... like a pendulum life swings... i wonder,, are we just along for the ride????

Michelle Hix said...

I really like this poem. It was very easy to make personal.
Thanks

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Scott!