Saturday, March 1, 2008

Poem: Seuss Love

Seuss Love

I will love you in my heart
I will love you each day I start
I will love you in my car
I will love you from near and far
I will love you as days turn cold
I will love you when I grow old
I will love you as I hold my cats
I will love you while I do “this” and “thats”
I will love you as I watch TV
I will love you if I scrape my knee
I will love you while I’m all alone
I will love you when I’m on the phone
I will love you in the pouring rain
I will love you on a subway train
I will love you once I finish eating
I will love you as I attend a meeting
I will love you if my mail comes
I will love you while an old man hums
I will love you as I sleep at night
I will love you stuck at a traffic light
I will love you in my favorite resting spot
I will love you whether I am well or not
I will love you until the end of time
I will love you through each and every rhyme
I will love you ....

Copyright SGW 1999

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Dr. Seuss; this poem brings back great memories of reading them as a child and then passing this love on to my own children. Thanks for sharing this.

Leanderthal, Lighthouse Keeper said...

This is great fun. Thanks

writerwoman said...

Dreamy and romantic musings.

STP said...

Thanx to all! The kind words make me smile - with a grin like the Cat in the Hat's!!

SandyCarlson said...

What bright fun, Scott. It is so musical, too. I want to hum it.

Kat Mortensen said...

Ah! Good ol' Green Eggs and Ham - probably the first book I ever truly read - sitting on my Nanny's knee. My favourite line was "Would you, could you, with a fox?" Don't ask me why. I just loved animals.
Wish I'd thought of this. It's a fantastic little poem and though its origin is whimsy, the message is real.
Kat

STP said...

You can think of it, Kat; I won't tell.

Kat Mortensen said...

I used to love another book put out by the publishers of the Seuss books. It was called "Come Over to My House" and was a trip around the world basically, from one child's house to the next. It was my favourite. I may take you up on the idea.
Kat

JM said...

Nicely done; let's hope your reciprocation occurs in the form of green eggs and ham!

STP said...

Thanx, JM. At the time I wrote this one, it was reciprocated, but alas, matters of the heart are ever-changing.