Saturday, November 6, 2004

Movie: Ray

I saw the movie, "Ray," today about the life of Ray Charles. I am not going to give a full scale review, as I did not take notes, but I highly recommend this picture. The talk of Jamie Foxx being worthy of an Oscar nomination is justified. I am not a fan of his at all, but he is so convincing in the role, you completely forget that you are not really watching Ray Charles.

The movie does something that many biographies skirt; it shows the full man. Charles had serious problems with heroin, was a womanizer and had issues of disloyalty with friends. This movie shows all of this, and puts it in a glaring spotlight for all to see. It also shows what a musical genius Ray Charles was, and how courageous a man he needed to be in order to get to the levels he was able to attain.

Go see this movie.

No comments: