Friday, March 4, 2011

Poem: Eat

Eat


Eat with abandon within love of the meal

Shine with contentments from the joys that you feel

Taste buds should revel with distinguished perception

Each bite or lick is attuned for reception

Eat like you're dancing with a partner of food

Meals for sustaining are just blessings eschewed

Passioned embracing of sensations unbounded

God's food is yummy where the glee is compounded

Dive into dining so all limit's released

Eat like a Viking who will recklessly feast

Consume without conscience so the body's acquiver

Food can bring pleasure if allowed to deliver

Me, I'm a puppy who will pounce on his bowl

Tail is wagging as I frolic in whole

Face has a smile as I sing in delight

I love what I eat, every morsel I bite

So eat like the food is a gift you've unwrapped

Explode to the skies; you're the well that's been tapped

Join me in savoring every sip, every munch

... poem is over as I sit down to lunch


Copyright SGW 2006

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most excellent!

Jack

-rachelleeashlee. said...

I love it!
Ironic, I havn't been eating much lately. But now I want to. :P

STP said...

Rachelle: Go eat somethin', but make it a fun and yummy meal!

-rachelleeashlee. said...

Alrightyy! I should make Dino-chicken nuggets. Those are yummy, and anything dinosaur shaped is fun!

STP said...

If the nuggets can bring out a "happy dance," then go for 'em!

-rachelleeashlee. said...

Happy dance, happy dance

STP said...

Very cute.

-rachelleeashlee. said...

Thanks :]