Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day. Many people not working will take this day as a chance to run errands or relax. Others will work and go about their normal lives. I am not asking for a major effort today. But I do ask for you to remember what this day is about.

I want to say thank you to every man or woman who has served this great nation in all the wars, battles, fights, struggles, and missions the United States has ever known, from the Revolutionary War straight up to, and including, the war in Iraq. Disagreement with our civilian leaders and politicized generals in no way diminishes how grateful I am to all of the men and women of the military.

Because of you I live a fairly comfortable life. You put your lives in danger to protect me, and the American way of life. Thank you. Be safe.

I would ask every American to give thanks to the people who serve in the military today from time to time. When you look at all the flags flying in front of homes, think of the men and women of service. As you go about your business today, give passing thoughts to them as well.

Thank you.

No comments: