Thursday, March 6, 2008

Loving, Texas

Because I am a political junkie, I was checking out the votes by county in Texas. I discovered that Barack Obama won Loving County by a margin of 7 to 5 over Hillary Clinton. That kind me wondering. I read more about Loving here. How cool is it that Texas has a county with 67 people in it as of 2000? I came across another site that had it down to 54 by 2004.

Will Loving disappear from Texas? The county with the first elected female sheriff, Edna Reed Claton Dewees in 1947, can't go under!! See the kind of love they have there!?

Loving, Texas: Got love it!!

1 comment:

Raven said...

I'd say that given what their penchant for execution and torture happy presidents, Texas should definitely work on expanding Loving.

Thanks for that political smile. My crazed political curmudgeon needed that.