Thursday, March 24, 2005

A letter that someone asked me to pass along

Dear Americans,

Some of you have gotten a tad bit carried away in how you approach your belief in Me. I want people to love the principles and ideals that a belief in ME are associated with. However, some of you seem to take this to levels that, to be quite honest, frighten me. I'm God; I don't frighten easily.

The fanaticism you often display is too much. Stop seeing Me in pizza or grilled cheese sandwiches; I am not there. Stop connecting Me to every issue where others do not agree with you. Stop using Me as an excuse to discriminate, hate and isolate. Stop abusing my name to infringe upon the rights of other people.

Stop being so zealous. That's not what I am about. I want you all to be happy, get along and live in peace. I want you to enjoy your lives. I want you be aware of MY existence in your lives, but not to the point where it consumes every aspect of your daily living.

You people are going too far. Please stop.


With love and friendship,

God

P.S. Can someone please cancel "The Apprentice?" It drives Me crazy!

No comments: